Dream Poem 78: Drawing Waves

I’m in a night club with a tablet
I’m drawing wave patterns
using a matrix
grid after grid
recording it on a tablet.

The bouncers want us to get out
The club is closing down and everyone is leaving
There is just us left.

I want to keep drawing wave patterns
and recording them on the tablet
finally we really have to go
And I press record
and then play

And all the drawings disappear
and I think I have lost them
All.
Feeling a bit upset when an interior appears on screen

It is the inside of the club
And in the corner is an old telly
And on the telly screen
My waves.

They have been animated
Going and going and going
It looks like waves slapping against a glass wall
Over and over and over
We have to leave

But I have done it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems