Dream Poem 75: The Mythical Trout

Fishing in a canal with a more experienced fisher,
she is fishing for a particular trout,
these two know each other of old
and she has been back and back to get this fish.

It is long, big and intelligent
She tries many different bait
and she waits only for it.

The small fish don’t interest her
they are easy to catch
But this one is a challenge
A puzzle
And she will keep coming.

She doesn’t really want to catch it
and end its life
She just likes the challenge of finding it
and tempting it.

I see tiddlers rising to the surface
But then I catch a glimpse of the big one
And it sees me leaning over the bank
and rises out of the water.

Higher and higher
I am a little scared as it looks at me
And suddenly drops back into the water

And is lost to sight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems