Dream Poem 53: Flying to be Free


I am part of a huge community of men, women and children.
But I long to fly
I know its not allowed.

I feel so frustrated by this restricted life
I have to fly
I need to fly
If I don’t fly I will shrivel and die inside.

Everyone is seated for a meal
there are 100s of them
beautiful people
but my imperative is I need to fly.

I know they will get in trouble
but I ask a little girl child to open the door for me
so I can fly
She wants to do it for me.

I have looked at all the open windows
but they are all too small for me to fly through
She is going to do it
I am going to be free.

Although I have always been free
this is an element no one understands
Because they cannot fly

Because they don’t understand it.

It is forbidden
It is not a possibility
It is not spoken of
It is disapproved, feared, ignored
It is not permitted
Frowned upon.

But I must
I will
It is as natural as breathing
It is unnatural not to
It is making me die inside
It is part of me.

And although they are good people
they don’t understand that
for me it is life itself
I must swim through the air

Be free – be me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Pandemic Poems

Collect Art Publication July 2023