Trainers

Trainers:

 

Assertive, sassy and cool. You did not used to be like that.

Well I am now. I am doing it.

I am as classy as a continental coffee drinker in Sainte Germaine.

I am tight, tanned and toned, zipped into on-trend leggings and running vest.

My fluorescent pink trainers are state of the art.

This beach is my drawing board, my game plan, my cleansing detox, my white noise.

As I run the vibration of my foot-fall quakes the sand right to Australia.

As I am frozen mid-stride, no feet touching the beach.

My aura disrupts the atmosphere causing mini thunder rolls and cracks of lightning over the sea.

As my pony tail swings, it causes the clouds to rain.

Right behind me the precipitation erases my footprint with its downpour.

As if I was never there at all.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems