I experience the world as someone with imagination and arts based thinking processes. Using tactility, relationship colour and form I create narrative scenes in poetry. I am Obsessed with stories and use it to explore the rich and complex visual markers inherent in the traditions and rituals of the culture I inhabit. One of Celtic fore-bearers, Yorkshire Gothic, brought up in a  household of bohemian artists and musicians contextualised by the beauty, spirituality and generosity of Franciscanism. I ask myself, does our day to day existence represent a neat motif, a perfect device, a blemish free composition? Or is it the variations, the imperfections, the mishaps and diversions that make the story interesting? Poetry enables me to express, among other things, deep joys, fears and hidden imaginings, inexpressible and unimaginable in another art form.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems