Silence Poem

Silence Poem:

 

Let me scream and rage

rend my clothes,

sob my heart out in pure frustration.

 

Let my tongue be cleaved to the roof of my mouth

with the wordlessness of my fury and despair.

 

Let me smash priceless porcelains.

Rip costly canvasses.

Fling myself into the torrenting vortex of the sea

in the thunder storm.

 

Let me throw all the furniture from an upstairs window

to splintering crunch

and splitting asunder.

 

Let me bloody my knuckles

punching time on the kitchen cabinets.

 

If you need me not.

If you want me not.

If you love me not.

 

If this be so…

 

Let me dive to bell-depths of the ocean floor deaf to sound.

Let me close myself in a silent sauna of tears.

Let me bury my head in the sand of peacefulness.

 

Let me become another self, a silent one.

Half bird, half snake, half woman.

To fly the somber skies, shunned by every other creature.

 

 First published in Magical Women Magazine, October 2020.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems