Spurn, 53.5737° N, 0.1083° E

Spurn, 53.5737° N, 0.1083° E:

Lay me down on spurn point

while you walk with our daughter to see the place

where the land has been changed by the Great Wash Over,

making the Point into a tidal island.

 

Lay me down on spurn point

on the sandy flattened beach, once high sand dunes,

now so easy to see East and West,

the estuary and the sea just by turning my head.

 

Lay me down on Spurn point

where we lay together

at the turn of the century

and saw the Mean-time-line lit with flaming torches.

 

Lay me down on spurn point

to feel the sun on my back and the wind at my heels,

before me roaring sea,

behind me flat estuary.

Ahead of me the rest of my life with you.  

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems