Dream Poem 61: Fantasy PNG shop

Chapter of mats in Australia.
Sitting with Kathleen.
I thank her for the kind emails while I’ve been sick.

Fr Chris comes by and says something,
‘I have your cancer you know’ I say to him in an angry way.
He’s upset and I think I better apologise.

We decide to go across to a nearby island,
when we get there,
there is a shop selling artefacts from Papua New Guinea,
it’s full of rare and beautiful things.
Artefacts I’ve only ever seen in books.

All the shop assistants are from PNG
I am so excited.
I fill my basket.
And chat with the PNG men and say
‘I’m going to PNG one day.’

I’m so happy
and I bring the other Friscans from our commuity to look.

It’s very hot and very sunny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems