Dream Poem 56: The Tunnel

We are invaded by the enemy
Suddenly life is turned upside-down.
A few people have time to run down to the cellar
and beyond the cellar is a network of tunnels and doors.

We are cosy under blankets on old upholstered arm-chairs.
We’ve been down here a few days when we realize it is very quiet upstairs.
I sneak to see what’s going on
and am discovered.

The soldier says he’s getting sonic readings of an area under the house.
‘It’s the cellar’ I say
and then think – why did I say that?
They find the cellar and I’m supposed to stay with them.

I manage to get ahead and see the people out of the tunnel
“Get in. Get in quickly – they are coming”
They just manage to shut the door when the soldiers come up
and ask what I was doing
and I say, “I was just playing with my doll.”
It’s all very nerve wracking

but the soldiers don’t find the tunnel or my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems