Dream Poem 52: Gypsy Boats

Rail cards
Piles of money in my handbag
Trying to count it
mum opens the front door it starts blowing about.
Looking for the rail cards and realize I can get one now because I’m a student.

The Gypsy boats and the Friscans.
I’m travelling with a little Gypsy girl.
We are staying in a great house
Working our passage.

We have got the lads to clean an industrial sized gas cooker the landlady uses
to cook everyone’s breakfasts
She is very pleased with the results.

We are trying to find a relative of the girl
To reunite her.

Tim and the his twins and Kathleen are all round the table
“I have to give everyone a kiss” I say.
“Good morning” Kathleen laughs.

(Image By Helen Cammock)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems