You are my Rock



You are my Rock

 

You are my rock, my High Tower

You are my fortress, my butterfly

You are my rainbow, my quiet breeze

You are my reflective rock-pool, my blue sky

You are my soft day, my springtime breeze

You are my mighty oak, my buttercup

You are my front door, my safe house

You are my full stomach, my rested head

You are my job, my labour, my work

You are my friend, my counsellor, my love

You are a hazelnut in the hand of your servant Julian

You are the inspiration of the writer Augustine

You are the author of chaos to order on the first day

You are the potter, the sculptor, the artist.

[Image from Unsplash open source. Poem first published in the Maltfriscan Newsletter, The Bripper, January 2021].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems