Our Lady Untier of Knots

 


Our Lady, Untier of Knots

 

The complexity and interweaving of the threads of my life

like un-brushed hair

So many snarls and snares

In the heart of the knots is woven the fluff of life

Skin cells, muck, a green-fly, spring herbage, North windblown bits

Here in this silent moment

Our Lady Untier of Knots sits patiently,

cross legged

My head in her lap.

My tangled hair like the snaggle of my thoughts

In companionable contentment I give Her permission

To let me loose

untie all my knots

free me from the snares of the fowler.

One day all my knots will be untied.

Untethered I will slip from this world of tangles

Relieved, silken, undone.

[First published in the Bripper - Maltfriscan Newsletter, June 2023].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems