At the Meeting

 


At the Meeting

To stand here with you, Orans [praying]

I lift up my hands and praise with you

sing joyfully with you

be community and know that this is home with you

feel the presence of God in those around the table

be assured by words of prophecy …

“Walk my path”.

“I am with you”.

“Open your heart to me”.

“You are not alone”.

…this is peace to the soul.

Here stand teachers, parents, children, students, chaplains.

Each person brings them-self in service of the community.

Each speaks and is heard, is seen, known, loved and is held in prayer

Praise to you Oh my Lord for our Sister Communitas.

Who banishes loneliness and connects your people.

[Image Unsplash. Poem first published in the Bripper March 2023]/

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems