Infinity


Holidays and markers of the year pass
You are not there
‘Nothing will come of nothing’,
Me and Dad
‘How sharper than a serpents tooth it is to have a thankless child’
Infinity – nothing will come of nothing
If I don’t do anything – this is counted as an action or an anti-action
Nothing will come of nothing - like the sin of omission.
It’s my fault to leave undone something I should have done
Its negative, ‘nothing’ is not a good idea, negating responsibility
It’s acting the child
It’s stepping back, stepping away, side stepping, stepping out
All the stepping is avoidance
Put them all together and a kind of dance of avoidance begins to be choreographed.
Infinity- nothing will come of nothing
A step into nothing
A leap of pure faith
A step into the unknown
A blind leap
Infinity – stretching before, reaching back behind
And where I am
What do I see?
A hall of mirrors repeating the same image
Me - framed in a mirror – going back and going forward infinitely.
Infinity – my eyes become unfocused not knowing which me to rest my eye on
So zoom from micro to macro
Shut down
Overload of imagery
The eye gives up, closes
Infinity inside my closed eye
Retinal afterimage.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Pandemic Poems

Collect Art Publication July 2023