At Marcia’s

Where ever I am at or up to in a painting
Sometimes it helps to repaint
The under painting
If it’s got lost in darks
Go back
put in a white grey underpainting
Back in
carry on with the glazing.

glaze layers
I can put more than one colour on at a time
And over-layer colours
I don’t always have to use liquin,
sometimes
Fast-dry paint medium is enough.

I have to go to a point, and pass it.
Some paintings
Began as oil paintings
and were oil-glazed
Over the top.

At this point –
it was the end of December and is now the end of March
Three months of oil-glaze medium painting
I have a surface that is
Perhaps six to eight layers deep
Of oil-glaze medium.
Thick, viscous, deep pools
On some boards.

At last some of the images are coming through
Beginning to become resolved
Taking a pleasing shape
The depth of the hue, the intensity of the layered of colours
Became glimpses of that which I was searching for
The mistiness of cloud
The shadows fallen in a darkening room
The shininess was not an effect I was looking for
But I like it
(Perhaps I should try a matt glaze or varnish instead, as well, both)

The way forward is
Not to mix an oil-glaze colour and apply it all over
But to use it in considered areas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems