Boxed

Is this book determining the
Length and breadth of my poem

Is the inner dimensions of my kiln
Pre directing the height and width of
My pot

Is my house compressing
Horizontally and vertically
My very self
My creativity crushed in
The car crusher of
This council house?

Or can I transcend book, kiln, and house

                               To allow my creative potential to 
wander

           the  page,

the pot created in sections to outgrow the kiln,
                                                                               
My spirit to expand,
 to rise like a hot air balloon
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Out of the maze of my own

 Obstacles.

obscl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Pandemic Poems

Collect Art Publication July 2023