Dream Poem 82: Clothes Mountain

In Ikea but it’s a megastore, even bigger
Looking at lampshades and glass vases
There is a swimming pool with different levels
Kids are swimming I can see through the shop window down into the pool area
There are escalators and I find I have stored many clothes there
There is a cupboard and crates of clothes
I start going through them seeing which ones I want and don’t want which ones fit
and there are so many I haven’t looked in for years
after looking at a few I decide to take them home with me
and clear out the whole lot,
move it all home
I try to remember where I have parked the car
and I see there is a wardrobe, cupboard and draws full of clothes and I think
Here we go again
Moving more stuff

And I realise I have clothes at another location too and that will needs clearing too. 

(plate by F. Norton, called 'Bless This House)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems