Chap Book #6 The Fragile Knots of Time

 






Kintsugi 

 

I see myself stockpiling useless rubbish, broken and disintegrating bits.

I do not need them. I must simply let them go.

Boxes of broken sculptures are holding me back.

I am the deconstruction, I have ruined myself, and I cannot be fixed easily.

I begin confidently saying to myself, “I can fix it… I can mend it”… but this is untrue.

Only the Great I Am can repair this broken thing I have become.

Only They can mend the un-mendable, redeem the irredeemable, fix the unfixable.

In my brokenness, in my weakness, in my fragmentation,

I have a strength in the hope that

the fragile knot of time can be undone, then strongly reknotted.

The Author of the Universe is the artisan craftsperson who is creative and inventive.

They mend with slivers of gold in the Kintsugi way.

The golden repair, the golden join, making me whole again.

Making beauty out of an undoing.

Perhaps I am never going to be ready or fully comprehend this gift.

But I am working on it, every day.

And when the tea bowl of my life is dropped from the hand of the oldest woman in the world…

That will be it.

Snapshot as the tea bowl falls through space in slow motion and hits a slate floor.

It shivers in implosion.

In my own spirit hand,  the essence of that kintsugi tea bowl remains.

As I take a sip

and slip into the next life.


Photo by Motoki Tonn on Unsplash


Chapbook Series #6 ‘The Fragile Knots of Time’

Collection of Poems & Stories

 

British Library Cataloguing Publication Data:
A catalogue record for this book is available from the British Library.

ISBN: 978-1-916635-14-2

First Published November 2023

 

All texts are subjected to Copyright © by the Authors.

Copyright © 2023 by Mehri Publication Ltd. \ London.

Copyright © 2023 by Cista Arts Ltd. \ London.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems