After Hsu Kan floating clouds III

Floating clouds how vast, how vast
Would that I could send a
Message through them
But we are at different ends of the sky

My mirror has grown dim
Since you went away
You sir are gone and nothing can bring you back

Floating clouds how sad, how sad
And you and they are parts of the sky. Not a telephone or a mobile
How can I message you
Now that you have gone
Completely
And although you sit
Ashen in a box on your desk
I cannot receive an answer from the casket

Floating clouds how vast how vast
Where are you?
If only I could be sure
You were in Heaven
I’m just not – sure
How can I know?
No text connectivity in Heaven
Anyway – you would have to have an invisible mobile

Floating clouds how vast, how vast
So true – the sky is without
Limit from here
Standing in my garden and looking up
Although I know there are satellites and space stations
‘up there’, if they are up-  where is Heaven?

Floating clouds how vast. How vast
Maybe a cloud is heaven
Maybe Heaven is a different scale to Earth
Could be fitting on the head of a pin
Then a cloud really would be vast.

Floating clouds how vast, how vast
I think you are in Purgatory
Yes you lived a good life
How many years do you get for being emotionally immature?
Here’s hoping for a quick release
I’ll say another decade for you tomorrow.
You’ll be out in no time
If you’re already up there

No hard feelings – smiley face. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collect Art Publication July 2023

Five Pandemic Poems