I am an interdisciplinary artist, poet, educator and folk musician. This page is for my poetry. There are some strong themes, some funny stuff, some sad motifs. Just letting you know dear reader.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Dream Poem 106; Pull a Corner
I never wanted to enter conversations
in shop doorways.
Just pull a corner out and I can do the rest myself
Just open the door on this
a little bit
and I can do it.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
Harvest Home The afternoon Spent luxuriously In a plastic chair At the bedside of mum Dozy, pale, frowzy Her legs just like mine Under cellular blankets The kind I look at and think “that won’t keep you warm” But turn out to be toasty Drip and cannula, blood pressure Cups of sweet tea Dry air, warm air Nurses chat I tune out Who knows if this is normal? We close the door and The quiet envelops us I close my eyes to pray Apart from kind nurses popping in It’s a flower centre With petals closed It’s a cocoon of blissful rest It’s a four poster feather bed With the curtains drawn. Its enwrapment of love And one, two, three hours go by In quick succession And I with my book reading A poem at a time. The costa guy asked what I was Reading – “Modern Women Poets” And he said “Nothing there for me” Why not? Men can read Poems by women. And the time runs through a sieve And the next thing the nurse say...
Fragment: In my memory I slip down the miles of high-hedge-rowed, single-track roads, closer and closer towards the coast and the craggy edge of the universe edged by lace. The sea smashes endlessly, relentlessly on rock knifes. The motion of the fierce waves slashing strands of foam, beating and pulverising the saltwater. Echoes of grinding and groaning sound off the crags on this distant peninsula, the lighthouse keeping watch. The brine working it's guts out, forever tossing and turning and tearing itself to pieces. As if a great brawny man is turning a krank handle working hidden mechanics under the sand and rock, endlessly, tortuously and will never ever stop. I stand on the edge of the tearing and grinding, the smashing and ribboning, imagining myself atomising, deconstructed, running like sand through an hour glass, into the sea until all that is left is a tiny fragment of sand.
Yellow Bunny Frances was born in 1969 at Leeds Maternity hospital, (this is going somewhere, I’ve got a plan honestly) and was given a yellow rabbit by a lady from Ann’s jewellery evening class. (Those ladies loved mum.) Ann had two significant car crashes in 1968 and 1969 and had broken her pelvis and back. Right before the birth she had a blow out and flipped the car right over on the way home from Harrogate. Ann says her shoes were stolen while she was unconscious. (This is relevant It’s all part of the story). [Sometimes a story is slow in the coming like Frances was being born.] Ann suffered terribly at the birth Still recovering from her injuries Ann was unable to sit up or hold her new baby. Frances and Yellow Bunny went on a trip to Huddersfield, with Uncle Bobby, Aunty Susan and Cousins Philip, Janet and Rachel. Hours, days, weeks, months went by. Who can tell how slowly of fast they passed. She was a baby. {Not yet conscious o...
Comments
Post a Comment